Google Docs has a feature to see the difference between two documents and can show them in a new document. This is entirely different from seeing the “document history” (version) feature.
Endel – Science-backed Soundscape for Focus/Relax/Sleep. Yes, It works.
- Endel improves your state of mind using sound.
- Backed by science, the app generates personalized sounds to help you concentrate, feel calmer, and get better sleep.
- It’s completely effortless — start the soundscape you need, and do your thing with Endel in the background.
- Core Sound-sessions are free (sleep, relax, focus, wind down) which is more than enough for daily use.
Get Endel of science-backed sounds to help you focus, relax, and sleep.
Matter (read-later app) is the best alternative for Instapaper or Pocket
- Most functional and elegant user experience
- Better integrations (add articles and export highlights) for automation.
- Auto import of newsletters from your email inbox
- Subscribe with matter’s forwarding handle (email ID like) and spare your email account with clutter of newsletters.
- Free to use
Prioritise progress over perfection
Perfection is an ideal thing which always moves one step away when you reach it.
When it comes to personal productivity, always prioritise progress over perfecting things.
Put your thoughts out and then progress with feedbacks rather than perfecting it, when it comes to writing.
enable markdown in Google Docs
- On your computer, open a file in Google Docs, Google Slides, or Google Drawings.
- Go to Tools -> Preferences.
- Check/uncheck the box next to “Automatically detect Markdown”.
14 Note-taking apps for personal knowledge management
Single Source of Truth (SSOT) App
Choose an app (among 5 scopes of management in personal productivity) as the single point of reference for all your personal data.
All the other apps under the umbrella of your personal productivity should reflect or depend on this. Derived and different versions of the “truth”.
The one place to refer to and which holds the latest information. Source of “truth”.
Inspired by What is your “SSOT” app for personal productivity?
P.S. This SSOT is a reverse concept of the original SSOT used in IT.
5 scopes of management in personal productivity
Task Management (including Projects and Goals Management) – consider financial management as a project inside this.
Time Management (events to attend, meetings)
Notes Management / Ideas, PKM (Personal Knowledge Management) / Minutes / Journaling (including physical notes).
Files Management (including physical resources), Document management.
Communication – Email Management, People/Contacts Management
What are the apps you use for each scope?
Value of saying NO
When you say YES, you are agreeing to one.
When you say NO you are opening your possibilities for many other than the one in question.
Notion is getting the taste of A.I.
Source: Notion Blog
Join the waiting list (it’s now in private alpha)