Skip to content
- A relaxed walk – to burn your excess energy of the day.
- Journal a bit – jotting down what happened on the day helps you
- to feel accomplished (feeling of accomplishment is the primary cause of insomnia).
- to let go of the guilt of pending tasks of the day (take a moment to reason out, rationalize your emotions, and come out with an action plan).
- to feel settled down (emotionally) as all the things were taken care of.
- and allow yourself to be yourself. (shedding the personas of the day)
- Get into the “Zone” – Maintain a zone, it may be a place or pattern of activities that trigger your mind to get into the mood (Pavlov’s conditioning).
- Although reading is a good choice, hearing a piece of soothing lyricless music works better. (Try Endel, Science-backed soundscapes for focus and better sleep)
- avoid consuming meaningful things (eg. reading, or watching visual media content) just before sleep. P.S. Ritualize your before-sleep activities to make them work flawlessly.