Your task gets completed at any time duration you allocate. If you allocate too much time to it, you end up doing unnecessary tinkering & tweaking to the task (over-perfecting) until the time allocated gets over. On the other hand, regardless of how much shorter the time is allocated for a task, it gets over within that.
Why you happen to notice the same thing frequently?
After hearing a word for the first time, you may hear the same word frequently in different places within a short interval. It may feel like it is happening to you like a coincidence. or because of some other mythical reasons. This phenomenon of frequently noticing the same thing again and again after noticing it for the first time is called “Frequency Illusion” or
The more you know and become aware of the knowledge around you, you’ll come to know how less you know.
You can’t learn everything in this given lifetime. So select a few domains, read/learn/write/work a lot in those domains.
This little set of domains you’re good at is your “circle of competence”. Make sure you’re strong in those areas. Then slowly expand it.
Hierarchy Level of Competence – What level you are at?
There are 4 stages of competence.
- Unconscious Incompetence – They don’t know what they lack, but they believe they need NO new skills, and they believe they are brilliant.
- Conscious Incompetence – They know they lack skill, but they don’t know what it is.
- Conscious Competence – They know what they know and know what they can do with it.
- Unconscious Competence – They don’t know what they know until they are exposed to it. Their skill is second nature to them.
Level of Confidence (vs) Knowledge of a person
The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias of overestimating one’s ability/expertise in a field when unaware of the unknown in the field.
AKA, the overconfidence effect – Confidence comes through the lack of knowledge (i.e. they don’t know what they failed to know or have the illusion of knowledge).
On the contrary, the effect also tells about the tendency of high performers to underestimate their skills/knowledge because they know what they don’t know.
Naturally, the less you know, the less you are aware of what you don’t know, then you’ll feel more confident about what you know.
The people who know more, the more aware of what they don’t know yet are the ones who have less confidence in their expertise.
3 Sure-shot way to fall asleep (for stressful people)
- A relaxed walk – to burn your excess energy of the day.
- Journal a bit – jotting down what happened on the day helps you
- to feel accomplished (feeling of accomplishment is the primary cause of insomnia).
- to let go of the guilt of pending tasks of the day (take a moment to reason out, rationalize your emotions, and come out with an action plan).
- to feel settled down (emotionally) as all the things were taken care of.
- and allow yourself to be yourself. (shedding the personas of the day)
- Get into the “Zone” – Maintain a zone, it may be a place or pattern of activities that trigger your mind to get into the mood (Pavlov’s conditioning).
- Although reading is a good choice, hearing a piece of soothing lyricless music works better. (Try Endel, Science-backed soundscapes for focus and better sleep)
- avoid consuming meaningful things (eg. reading, or watching visual media content) just before sleep. P.S. Ritualize your before-sleep activities to make them work flawlessly.
Surge of A.I. writers / editors
- Lex.page (invite only, free for now)
- Jasper (a bit pricey)
- HyperWrite (suitable for most)
Apps that recently integrated AI
Readwise’s “Reader” – Public beta is launched
Readwise’s Powerful ‘Read later app’ “Reader” has now available for everyone as a public beta.
Special Link to try Readwise, free for a month.
Free Readwise alternative -> Matter (read-later app) is the best alternative for Instapaper or Pocket
Why you attracting good (or bad) things? Scientific reason.
Your brain can’t process billions of pieces from sensory inputs.
“Reticular Activating System” is a filter that selectively allows certain information into the brain.
This filter is programmed by your thoughts and beliefs (regardless of your past experiences).
It allows the pieces of information that you like to see/feel or what you believe, only to strengthen it.
You’ll get what you expect to get. Everything this filter allows only helps you to add up what you already have.
Being optimistic is scientifically proven as good strategy.
Take a deep breathe.
- It costs nothing. It only takes few minutes.
- The result/benefit is instant.
- Oxygen gives clarity to your mind and strength to your body.
- If you can control your breathe, you can control yourself (emotion, mind and body)
- It is a finest and greatest gift you can gift yourself anytime and anywhere.
Now take a moment to breathe, fully, slowly and deeply.